Online classes beginning from Monday 23rd March. Please click on each class for more information.
Sun Moon Yoga Classes are available for both complete beginner and those with more experience.
Classes are taught with the individual in mind, and students are encouraged to tune in to their body sensations and become aware of the breath, to find comfort and stability at each stage of their practice. All classes involve mindful movement, steady postures and breath awareness to keep the body healthy, mobile and strong, and to bring the mind to the present moment.
Yoga Classes in Sheffield and Online
Choose a class:
Monday Morning Somatics 9.30am (Full – waiting list only)£10.00 – £40.00 Select options
Monday Morning Somatics 11am (1 space available)£10.00 – £40.00 Select options
Tuesday Morning All Levels Yoga (Spaces available)£8.00 – £30.00 Select options
Tuesday Evening Yoga (Spaces available)£8.00 – £30.00 Select options
Thursday Morning Gentle Yoga (Spaces available)£8.00 – £30.00 Select options
Thursday Evening Somatics£10.00 – £40.00 Select options
Thursday Evening Yoga (Spaces available)£8.00 – £30.00 Select options
Yoga Therapy / 1-1 Yoga£45.00 – £250.00 Select options
Online 1 to 1, 2 to 1 or small group Restorative Yoga£30.00 Add to basket
Online Class Information
- All classes run for 75 mins. This may change as I get the feel for how long people would like the class to run.
- All participants will need access to Wifi and be able to use Zoom. This is very easy and will not cost you anything. You will need to create an account, but only the free account.
- Group meetings are hosted by myself, and you will be a guest of my meeting. As it is my meeting that I am hosting you will not get cut off after 40 mins. That’s just if you host your own meeting on a free account.
- Somatics class participants will need to have a camera pointed at their body lying on the floor. These classes are limited to a small group for me to be able to see each participant, which is necessary for Somatics.
- Yoga classes participants will not necessarily need a camera on themselves, but should be able to see and hear me clearly.
- Yoga class passes must be used at the class that you paid for at the moment. This may become more flexible gradually.
- There will be some live streamed classes on my Sun Moon Yoga You Tube Channel These will be on a private link to subscribers. I am still figuring out how to set this all up. More details to follow.
Somatic Movement Class
- Specialist class limited to 8 people, for more individual attention.
- Suitable for those with chronic muscular pain and stiffness
- Learn simple movements to relieve pain in the body and to bring about coordinated movement
- Especially suitable for those with existing medical conditions, injuries or limited mobility.
- Classes sold as 8 week pass valid from date of your first class.
- Drop-in spaces may be available. Please enquire.
What is Somatics?
‘Somatics’ is a term coined by Thomas Hanna PhD, that refers to the discipline of movement reeducation that enhances internal awareness of one’s body. Somatic perception is your own experience of how it feels to be you in your body. From the Greek word ‘soma’, meaning ‘of the body’, somatics can help us to get in touch with our inner bodily sensations and movement patterns or reflexes that often go unnoticed.
Thomas Hanna discovered that there are three basic reflexes in the body that are unconsciously created through our experiences to life. These reflexes can sometimes lead to unhelpful, awkward movements that create pain in the body, and agitation in the mind. Somatic movement uses simple techniques that teach the nervous system to relax held tensions allowing us to begin to move in a more coordinated, functional and pain free manner.
I am a fully qualified, professional Yoga Therapist, having completed training with Yogacampus in London, which is accredited by The British Council of Yoga Therapy, and have since, regularly update my knowledge by attended therapeutic Yoga workshops with internationally renowned teachers. I am a member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT) and am registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNCH). I am a qualified Corrective Exercise Specialist (NASM), and am currently a Somatic Movement educator in training, with Essential Somatics.