- Yoga and Somatics classes are available for all abilities including complete beginners, and are held in Sheffield, S11 and online.
- All classes run in blocks coinciding with school term times; usually 6 or 7 weeks.
- Drop-in spaces are also available.
- All class attendees will receive a recording of their class or similar class in the same week if they cannot attend class that week.
- You also may be able to transfer to another class in the same week if there is space.
- Classes are taught with the individual in mind. Each student practises according to their own capabilities and on how they feel.
- The aim of the Asana (postures and movement) is to find steadiness (Sthira) and comfort (Sukha) at all times, in the body and the breath.
- Sun Moon Yoga teaches a blend of somatic yoga. yoga postures and natural movement, as well as Pranayama (breathing/energy balancing techniques), deep relaxation and meditation for harmony in the body, breath and mind.
- By becoming conscious of our somatic (living body) experience we are better able to feel and respond to what we feel.
- Paying attention to the body sensations and the breath gradually brings the mind present.
See below for class schedule.
Benefits of Online Classes
- Learn Yoga and Somatic movement from the comfort of your home.
- Therapeutic Yoga and Somatic movement are conducive to an online practice, as the instructions are mostly verbal.
- The participant has the chance to take their attention inwards to notice more and more subtle sensations.
- Somatic classes are limited to a small group so that more individual attention can be given.
- Classes can be accessed at a time suitable for you.
Online membership allows the subscriber access to all live online classes and all the recordings throughout the week as well as a back catalogue of pre-recorded live classes following various themes.
One Month Pass
For those that want to try the online membership for one month only, this gives you access to all the pre recorded live Zoom classes from the last year and a half and to the live classes in that month.
See Online Yoga Page for more information.
Class Timetable and Booking
Book below to reserve your place.
- 2005 British Wheel of Yoga Foundation Teacher Training
- 2007 Yoga Alliance 200 hour Teacher Training
- 2012 Yoga Therapy 360 hour Teacher Training with Yogacampus
- 2018 NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist
- 2019 Essential Somatics Teacher Training
- Member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT)
- Registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNCH)
Yogacampus is a not-for-profit organisation providing Teacher Training and Yoga Therapy Training, as well as continuing education (CPD) for yoga teachers, yoga therapists and experienced students.
Set up by the government to protect the public. We do this by providing a UK register of complementary health practitioners in the UK. Protection of the public is our sole purpose.
Supports research and education in yoga and serves as a professional organization for yoga teachers & therapists worldwide. Our mission is to establish yoga as a recognized and respected therapy.